The Hipster Brigade
Tuesday, April 23, 2002
 

Remember, when all I wanted was a studded belt and I thought that would give me some sort of destination in life. Make me understand punk or something, that's pretty sad isn't it. I am not like that. I am shallow sometimes cause I get caught up in the culture around me, and I have preconcieved notions of what I would like to be and what I think is cool. Which I guess, is true about everyone, but I do end up realizing what I want and who I am almost when it's too late. Once again, I would like to say thank you to my friends, because without them I would not have survived this year. Yes, sometimes I am struck dumb over the next pretty boy that comes my way. This year has been one of the most emotional years in a long long time. I fell in love and discovered what that meant. I can honestly say that it was love. I don't know if it was full blown I will never leave you love, but it was something so strong that it was undeniably something more than like. Does that even make sense? This year has had it's ups and downs (when I say year I mean school year) but it's had it's way up highs. I can't even describe some of the most fantastic things that have happened to me. I mean I have met some of the most amazing people ever. Sometimes I am so scared that I need to change myself. I don't know why I get like this, why I think I am stupid when I know I am not. I mean, I got into Emerson and I got good grades, but I guess intelligence can't really be based on that. It's just sometimes my interests are spured by others. Yes, maybe I do want to follow the crowd and read books by authors because on saw it on some site. That's pretty lame, but I have to say that I dont' know most authors I should know. What should I know? I just want to know so that I can fit in with the pretentious crowd, yet again trying to clump myself into some catergory. Why do I keep doing this over and over again? So what if I can't hold my own in an arguement. I don't like arguing because that's all I do at home is argue. I want school to be more than a debate. I want it to be me learning something about life and love and sex and heat and passion and writing, because in the end I will need all those experiences in order to be a better writer. I need LIFE experience in order to write. I don't need fancy words but I do need nice dialogue, I mean in the end all those intelligent things that I deem so intelligent will just help write a better more well-rounded indie boy character in my story. Now there's a thought! (insert lightbulb here). Yes, there are gaps in my education. I regret those...wait, I don't regret. You should never regret, because you never know when life will end and you will regret those experiences that you ended not acting upon. You should always do those things that give you an itch. Even if it's buying converse because they are "so" punk. I like my shoes goddamit. Sometimes stereotypes blow. I am happy even if I am a lie. I am happy making choices even if they are biased. No one can stop me, because I need to learn on my own what it good for me and what is not. One day I will learn my limits and stop. Because one of the worst states to see Diana in is depression. Who wants to be around sad and mopey and whiny people. Well, I've been writing for way too long. I need to go do actual work. I just got inspired like I often do.

Listen to PENNYWISE!
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >