The Hipster Brigade
Wednesday, May 15, 2002
 
Sometimes I feel like posting in here to procrastinate. Other times I like posting just to update so I don't forget it. Sometimes I post because it's really just comforting spewing my problems on to paper or rather pixelating it out here for other people to deal with. I've been pretty bad lately with the updating thing. I've been doing a lot of sleeping. I've lost interest in a lot of things lately and I just feel like being lazy and not thinking right now. I keep replaying what happened last Wednesday in my mind over and over. It's funny how I don't like to let things like that go. I tell it over and over. I think constantly about it until each drop is so rehashed that I have lost the memory altogether. I don't want to go home. Home is a scary place. I don't want to leave Derek. Why do I have to leave just when I found something I really am feeling comfortable about? This blows. I don't want to grow up and sometimes being juvenile is such a comfort. I've started to listen to music I haven't listened to in a long time. My old favorites...Everclear, Our Lady Peace, Collective Soul, etc. Also, I've found a new long with Gwen Stefani. She's so fucking amazing. Thank you VH1! I want to be that kick ass.

I've been thinking more and more about my dream. About what I really want to be when I get out of here. How I love music and that the movie High Fidelity makes me a little giddy. I want to own a record store. I think that would be so amazing. Also, I just love the idea of being surrounded with something that I love. I keep thinking that next year I want to put up signs advertising a female vocalist aka me. I want to be in a band. I don't care what I do. I can't play a single fucking instrument. I want to change that though. I want guitar lessons. I want to be in a ska band though. If I'm going to be in any band than I'm going to be in a band where it's going to be fucking fun to play in every night. Dancing to ska is so much fun. I've run myself down lately on it though. There is nothing new with ska lately. I don't know I get tired easily I guess. I really like Yeah Yeah Yeahs and The White Stripes. Sometimes I wonder if liking them makes me like everyone else in my quest to not be like everyone else I have become the same. Sometimes I wonder why I care so much.

Lately, my friends have been making me so blah. Not my Boston friends but my Dallas friends. I mean fuck yeah I am thankful to have them, but I wonder if you can out grow your friends. That sometimes you start to feel a little too old for them. That you know something they don't and you don't feel like sharing. I am tired. I feel like fading away. I wish I could be more enthusiastic but lately naps have become my new hobby.

Later days.
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >