The Hipster Brigade
Wednesday, January 15, 2003
 

JANUARY 13, 2003 dallas time: 11:34

ear candy: Jimmy Eat World

SNOW...in dallas? Well, it certainly happens because it did yesterday. The icy build-up still lies in puny sheets in the backyard, nothing like Boston snow.

A good way NOT to wake up: a dog trampling on your face. It does not feel good. Plus, add your Japanese grandmother chasing your dog around the room telling him that he HAS to go outside. He clearly does not want outside. So he's running around and trampling on my face. God, I love my dog.

A good wake up drink. Chai. A good wake up band. Jimmy Eat World. Better band. The White Stripes. Lately, I've been in a Jimmy mood though. I guess everyone gets like that when they buy a new CD. You must listen to it until you drive yourself insane and remember all the lyrics. The only problem is that I still haven't remembered the lyrics to The Middle. He surely mumbles a lot. The best song on the album is: Your House.

I was reading Rolling Stone yesterday and in the Best College Albums section on the back page they misspelled Hot Hot Heat. They put Hot Hot Hot. Come on Rolling Stone, get with it. Jeez. I love that magazine though, except I liked it a lot better in 1996 when there was still decent rock music on the radio. Dallas radio sucks, perhaps all radio sucks except MIT radio here in Boston. There's this boy named Andrian who has a show called S.U.B.S. that starts at midnight and goes to about 2 am or so. It's excellent. He plays all your favorite indie faves. He always plays a Pixies song. (That's for you SK.) And he played "This Charming Man" once. That surely rocked. OH...I just found out that Death Cab for Cutie (the best name for a band in a long long time though Rolling Stone said that Sorry About Dresden has a better name) has a cover of "This Charming Man." That's awesome! Actually, Sorry About Dresden is a Conor Oberst band. I didn't know that. I love them. Haha. Actually, if it's good nowadays it probably does have Conor Oberst in it somehow or he's involved somewhere. He's like the Indie Genius of the World. Let's all bow down to Conor Oberst. *bow bow*

Lately, I've been listening to a lot of Adam Ant and Billy Idol. I made myself a little mix CD with back to back 80s hits. I realized that I can skank to anything. (hehe) Skank pits are the best. Don't let anyone tell you otherwise. OH...someone told me that I won't like hardcore unless I go to a show. That they sorta have choreographed type dancing at shows, something about punches and kicks. I'm intrigued but I don't think that my hardcore appreciation will move past Thursday or the Austin band, The Rise or Rise or something like that. Actually, is Thursday considered hardcore? I have no idea. See, I'm showing my true colors now.
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >