The Hipster Brigade
Friday, March 28, 2003
 
One Question

...and there he was in front of me staring me right in the eyes and there was no way that i was going to say no. somehow the chase has been carried out too long and it leaves me feeling uneasy. is it no? is it yes? what happens next? it seems more complex now than it did in high school. why is it with age comes complication? why can't i just ask right out: "dammit boy, do you like me? i think you are super keen. let's be together, k? just for right now. the moments i spend with you make me feel like maybe there is more than hope in this sick world. that love can exist with another. that lies are something of the past and that the future could include a me and a you. just for right now. what do you think, babe?" he's old fashioned. delightfully old fashioned. every move is calculated. every sentence typed and re-typed. every word thought out again and again. i can't just say something. words don't even make sense. just stares and smiles. and hugs from the side. i'm making progress following the sticky trail of slugs. their advice left for me on leaves that i pocket in case i forget to think. you have that affect on me. too shy to ever just come right out.

i think navy blue could be my color too.

i love my ability to dance the same way to all the songs i listen to. and that i like to listen to "monday night" by ryan adams on repeat because it's so sappy it gives me some sort of hope. in fact, it makes me not even care anymore. i really don't care. i really don't. i really. i. again, i'm always the one standing alone with an empty wine glass. "fill her up."
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >