The Hipster Brigade
Saturday, April 05, 2003
 
I'll Be the Judge of That

Do you ever hate someone for no reason at all? Something small like they have sideburns or wear pointy shoes, and that there is no way that Little Miss Pointy Shoe can be cool enough to talk to you, so you just glare when you walk by. It happens to me a lot at Emerson. My self analysis has brought it down to this conclusion: jealousy. I want to be like that person so badly that the only reason I can explain for why they are so much cooler than me is that they aren't really that cool at all and I'm the epitome of "deck." It's like those times when no one will hit on you at a club and you explain it to yourself as being way "too hot" for everyone there. It's not that at all. You just aren't as bangin' as you think you are. Come to accept the fact that not everyone thinks you are all that and a bag of chips. I, of course, am the epitome of cool. Seriously, look at my row blog and the thousands of people that come and leave comments. LIKE THIRTY (just 3) but i'm so cool that people are scared to approach me, yeah that's it.

There was a time when I really cared if people liked me or not. That I wanted a certain boyfriend and certain look and that would make me cool in the eyes of all those people I thought would get me somewhere. Now, I look back at the "cool crowd" in high school and yeah, they aren't in college and they are living at home drinking themselves miserable with the same friends they've had since childhood. Now, look at yourself and you are successful and have lots of cool CDs and having 7 really great super nifty friends is a lot better than having friends that you realize aren't really your friends anyways. Sometimes it takes getting so "down in it" for you to come back out of it. Oh, and one day that girl with the faux hawk and the pointy shoes comes up to you and says, "I really like your hair." And it makes your day and she invites you to Cat Power and somehow you feel really cool but you know you always had it in your anyways.

Someone hit me with a stick the other day and it felt good. And I woke up and looked around and thought, "yeah...things are good. really."
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >