The Hipster Brigade
Thursday, July 24, 2003
 
love are you waiting underneath my bed and it you aren't i really hope Jesus isn't in there becuase i'm sure he would have some words for me and i would have to cover my ears and hum

today, i met a 17 year old girl who told me she couldn't read harry potter because it "contained magic" and her dad wouldn't let her read it. she told me that the only books she liked were Nancy Drew. probably the old skool nancy drew's too, not the new college edition. then she kept trying to show me up.

her: my dad knows the mayor. he works in a funeral home.
me: my dad works in germany.

her: i don't even look my age. i look tweleve.
me: i hate when i get asked, "are you looking forward to going back to school?" i always answer, "yes, i AM looking forward to going back to college in BOSTON."
her: (disgusted face) you go to school in boston? uck.

i hate this girl from the second i hear her laugh. this conversation is agony. she's one of them. she'll probably never listen to xiu xiu and talk about vaginas with her friends. this girl has potential to become an alcoholic in college.

i wasn't raised on church. i had an understanding -- a small one -- about God. i often prayed to him when my mom was late and i was home alone babysitting. sometimes it worked, othertimes not. these were the times i believed most. now, i believe in god as much as i do in love. i wouldn't say i'm skeptical, but i can't wrap my mind around Him. since childhood, i've been to services and youth groups and the only thing i learned to do was love rock and roll more and curse like a sailor. i think i like my version of Heaven better. we have buttered toast and it's connected to the animal heaven and i'm best friends with all the ducks. i really like ducks...that's for sure.
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >