The Hipster Brigade
Thursday, October 07, 2004
  haiku polaroid fairy tale



typing empty words
the game over guitar fuzz
she's not the winner

at night, i can't sleep and i spend a lot of time trying to figure things out. i'm starting to feel a bit more even, which really makes me happy. i got told to smile again today -- "it'll make you live longer" -- a physician told me that, so perhaps i should take her advice. she also told me i was healthy and pink, and although i figured nothing was wrong with me -- it was my first time & i was nervous.

i found out that i have a subtle heart murmur. she told me it was nothing to worry about and she could only tell when i was lying down. this might be why i run out of breath so easily. i haven't had a serious check-up in a long time, because i'm scared of doctors but she makes me want to visit them more often. she is a sweet kind woman! i wish the world was full of people like her. i might be able to make it through the day without being irritated.

i'm sending out some mail today, which makes me very happy.

i'm drinking a starbucks doubleshot for the very first time, and they aren't that bad. i have to say i was a bit frightened to try one, but they aren't as strong as i thought they would be. i bet real italian expresso is so much better. i think anything that is made in italy is so much better, but apparantly my sister tells me otherwise. my sister is in school in rome, in case you didn't know.

i have two workshops in a row this week. i have one this afternoon after my latest short story, and another tomorrow on a poem. the second one, "please no diamonds" and i'm a bit nervous about both. i'm always scared of workshop, especially my fiction one, since there is a this pretentious boy who sits to my right and says things like, "this is complete fodder!" and things like that. very unconstructive. i think if you are going to put something down, you might as well say, "well, this is a good idea, but you could really spice it up here and here and here." saying the comments he says, do not help anyone become a better writer and that's why we are taking the class! oh, such boneheads!

& now off to the land of the postal office.
  |


<< Home
Laying the foundation for grown-up fairy tales since November 2001.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Boston, Massachusetts, United States

Nerd. Collector. Haiku Writer. Knee sock wearer. Umbrella holder. Polaroid taker. Photobooth sitter. Casual gamer.

LINKS
Fiction, Photography & Poetry / David Frost prints / Green Tea / MAF / N&N? / 1FaceLife / Justin Why / Rainy Days / Angels in Alcatraz

SUPPORT DIY
My My / Persephassa / Freckle Wonder / My Paper Crane

ARCHIVES
November 2001 / December 2001 / January 2002 / February 2002 / March 2002 / April 2002 / May 2002 / June 2002 / July 2002 / October 2002 / November 2002 / December 2002 / January 2003 / February 2003 / March 2003 / April 2003 / May 2003 / June 2003 / July 2003 / August 2003 / September 2003 / October 2003 / November 2003 / December 2003 / January 2004 / February 2004 / March 2004 / April 2004 / May 2004 / June 2004 / July 2004 / August 2004 / September 2004 / October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / January 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

Site Meter





< ? bostonites # >